Cost: £85 per person
eVouchers are available for this course
Plan of the day
In this whole day workshop you will be able to make a stained glass suncatcher using 8-10 pieces of glass.
The process is as follows:
- We will discuss safe handling of the glass and I will teach you how to score and break the glass to make the shapes you need for your design
- Design your suncatcher, choosing opaque (solid) or transparent (see-through) glass. Some textured glass is also available.
- Draw your pattern out at full size (in the business it’s called a ‘cartoon’)
- Draw your shapes onto your chosen glass
- Score and break the glass
- Grind the edges of each piece to ensure a good fit
- Wrap all edges with copper foil
- Use solder to join all the pieces together
- Wash the glass and polish the soldered edges
You take the finished piece away with you
Please bring your lunch with you, this will be eaten away from the studio, within the house or garden (weather permitting). I will supply drinks but feel free to bring your own if you wish.
Please note that open toed shoes are not permitted in the studio as glass shards have a nasty habit of finding their way into your sandals.
This workshop is unsuitable for pregnant or breast feeding women